Nurture today’s talent
to meet tomorrow’s challenges
We are currently accepting nominations for the 2021-22 class. Please submit an online nomination prior to September 15. The selected candidates will be announced the week of September 20.
If you are an established leader in the community or an executive within your organization, consider nominating a future leader who cares deeply about sustainability. Please complete the online nomination form found below.
- Early to mid-career professionals who are identified for their leadership potential
- Exhibit leadership potential:
- Show commitment to sustainability
- Capacity to integrate sustainability into their organization
- Interest in being a long-term influencer in Arizona’s sustainability initiatives
- Motivated to take on a new challenge
- Diversity is key: The selection process factors in a balance of cohorts from government, nonprofit and business organizations
Nominations are submitted by established leaders in the community or by executives within the candidate’s organization.
Please complete the online nomination form with the candidate’s information and a short summary of their suitability for the program, along with their resume.
Applicants will then be required to complete an application and submit a short introductory video. We will announce the selections for 2021-22 class the week of September 20.
The program takes place on Fridays from October through May and will begin in an online format and transition to a hybrid (in-person and online) program in early 2022.
Emerging Leaders Program
Arizona Forward is looking for high-potential, next generation leaders with:
A demonstrated interest in stretching their lens and building their expertise for sustainability leadership
An appetite for driving sustainability into the core of their organization and mission through employee engagement, organizational performance and innovation
A passion to be a long-term influencer in Arizona’s sustainability initiatives
A personal and professional capacity to take on a new challenge