09.18.17 -- RIGHT NOW @ ARIZONA FORWARD
Thanks to members like you, this has been a productive summer for Arizona Forward. Fall is also shaping up to be a busy time with an engaging slate of events. Here’s a look at what’s happening right now at Arizona Forward!
The Arizona Forward team found office space that better serves our needs. The best part? It’s just right next door to our old office. Those of you who visit us for meetings will have an easy time finding us. If you’re planning to mail anything to us, just be sure to use Suite 1030 rather than Suite 1010. The rest of the address remains the same (3800 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85012).
CELEBRATE ENVIRONMENTAL EXCELLENCE WITH US
Arizona Forward’s 37th Annual Environmental Excellence Awards presented by SRP are nearly here – we hope to see you on Sept. 23 at the Westin Kierland Resort as we honor projects that are changing Arizona’s environmental landscape. Finalists will be spotlighted in a comprehensive media campaign. Click here to register. #AZFAwards
TOUT YOUR GREEN MESSAGE IN ARIZONA FORWARD’S SPECIAL SUPPLEMENT IN ABM
This winter, AzBigMedia is printing a special supplement that will be Arizona Forward’s own “mini magazine.” It will serve as both a recap of our recent accomplishments and a preview of what’s in store for our future. You can be part of this supplement as an advertiser. More than 25,000 copies are printed and distributed to readers. To support this effort, please contact:
David Harken, Senior Account Manager, AzBigMediaRISING TO OUR WATER CHALLENGE
Dr. Clive Lipchin, one of the experts who drives water management innovations in Israel, will deliver the keynote at a breakfast program presented by Arizona Forward and the Jewish National Fund from 8-9 a.m., Oct. 10 at the law offices of Beus Gilbert PLLC, 701 N. 44th Street in Phoenix; registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. The discussion will provide a historic overview of water challenges in Israel, innovations used in the region, what Arizona has in common with Israel, and transboundary water management. RSVP today; attendance is limited to the first 100 guests.
EARTHFEST IS UPON US
On Oct. 24, we’ll be at the Phoenix Zoo for the 13th Annual EarthFest Educators Night. We’ll put some tools and best practices into the hands of teachers so they can show their students how to be the greenest generation yet. Let your favorite teacher know about this great event and feel free to call us about sponsorship opportunities!
RIGHT NOW @ ARIZONA FORWARD
For nearly 50 years, our mission has remained simple but compelling: balance the economic vitality of Arizona businesses, cities, schools and fellow nonprofits with environmental sustainability and the promotion of healthy communities. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Arizona Forward works statewide to bring together a diverse group of members who care deeply about the quality of life in Arizona. Arizona Forward mobilizes the state's business leaders and policymakers, leveraging their collective power to influence how we best grow our communities, stimulate our economy and enhance our environment. Here's what we're up to, right now.
- New beginnings are full steam ahead for both Arizona Forward and its current President & CEO Diane Brossart. Diane announced her plans to retire following a noteworthy 26-year run as the leader behind the 48-year-old business-based environmental public interest organization, which expanded statewide five years ago.
- The Board of Arizona Forward resolved to endorse the "City of Phoenix Complete Streets Policy," a thoughtful plan to make the City more walkable, bikeable and public transit friendly while fostering social engagement and growing the local economy;
- Arizona Forward is serving as a leading advocate for Canalscape, an initiative to embrace the Valley's canal system as an iconic community asset that fosters place-making, connectivity and recreation. Watch for a bricks and mortar demonstration project along the Grand Canal on Central Avenue within the campus of four schools, fostering collaborative education and outreach on best practices for canal enhancement projects and ROI for developers;
- Our team got real with Project Green-Up, organizing 50 members and volunteers at the Phoenix Rio Salado Habita Restoration Area to clean up litter and beautify the trail ways in this Phoenix gem;
- Arizona Forward was named an IMPACTful Awards Finalist by the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. Only 4 nonprofit finalists were selected out of 30 high-profile nominees - yay us!
- September 23, Scottsdale - 37th Annual Environmental Excellence Awards Presented by SRP - Arizona's largest, most prominent environmental awards competition. Finalists will be spotlighted in a comprehensive media campaign. #AZFAwards g