Healthy Communities and Sustainable Growth
Transportation, Land Use/Open Space Planning & Canalscape
The Healthy Communities and Sustainable Growth Committee convenes, educates and advocates for active engagement of the states business community in the task of fostering healthy and sustainable cities, communities, and neighborhoods throughout Arizona.
- Levels of community health and sustainability should be products of the context and actions that communities create within the political, education, economic, social, built, and natural environment.
- Healhty, resilient, sustainable communities should include the elements of community design, environmental quality, transportation, educational and economic opportunities, food access, affordable housing, safety, social cohesion, social justice, parks and recreation, access to care, and environmentally conscious practices.
- The places where we live, work, learn, and play should strengthen sustainability, reduce health disparities, lessen the burden of high health care costs, improve quality of life, and enhance well-being.
- Multi-sector collaborative strategies should be broadly implemented across sectors and throughout the business community as they have the power to drive significant health and sustainability improvements.
- Arizona Forward mobilizes the state's business leaders and policymakers to leverage our collective power to influence how we best grow our communities, stimulate our economy and enhance our environment.