Arizona Forward's Issue Committees focus on education and outreach relating to the broad-based and integrated topic areas listed below. In addition to facilitating presentations, speakers and field trips, the groups drive the organization’s advocacy and public policy agenda. The Issue Committees also support Arizona Forward’s events and programs, with members serving as topic area experts. Each of the Issue Committees has adopted a set of principles that form the foundation of their work program.
Through these Issue Committees, Arizona Forward is advocating for healthy communities through: a balanced energy portfolio and energy conservation; multi-modal transportation options; air quality initiatives; sound water management policies and water conservation; a non-motorized regional trails system; a healthy forest ecosystem and Canalscape.
- Meets at 9 a.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month
- Chair: Jim Campbell, Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
- Meets at 9 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month
- Chair: Mark Swartz, Otak, Inc.
- Vice Chair: Don Hadder, City of Scottsdale
- Meets at 9 a.m. on the first Thursday of each month
- Chair: Lauren Evans, Pinyon Environmental Inc.
- Meets at 10 a.m. on the first Tuesday of each month
- Chair: Doug Von Gausig, Town of Clarkdale
- Meets at 9 a.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month
- Chair: Chris Wass, Firefly Real Estate
- Meets at 11:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month
- Chair: Kerri O'Brien, Valley of the Sun YMCA
- Meets at 10 a.m. bimonthly
- Chair: Eric Marcus, Sustainable Economic Development Initiative (SEDI)
- Meets at 9 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month
- Issue Chair: Bill Meek, Southwest Public Relations Associates
- Communications Chair: Kathy DeBoer, WestGroup Research